Sunday, April 14, 2013

5 geeky Star Trek-related Etsy links (because geeky links = geeky love)

Image from Etsy.com
“Five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky’s the limit."
- Captain Jean Luc Picard, uttering the last line of the series, Star Trek: The Next Generation “All Good Things…”

Star Trek Matryoshka dolls. Let me say that again: Star. Trek. Matryoshka. Dolls. I have this weird thing for matryoshka dolls. Every time I see them I feel this crazy compulsion to buy them, touch them, pull them apart, and ooh/aah over them. I blame it on Sesame Street. In particular, THIS CLIP RIGHT HERE. In New Orleans last year I succumbed and bought a set of the dolls from the French Markets on Decatur Street. Ostensibly for my niece, but really so I could give in to the compulsion mostly free of guilt. They were a hit with her. (And with me, too, heh). I'm waiting - rather impatiently, I might add - for the Star Trek film to come out. Every few days or so I pop into Etsy and look up Star Trek related THINGS and STUFF. Weirdly(?), not to buy anything. I like to look at the items. Some of them are totally LOL-worthy. Others are a major case of WTF-ery. And just as many are ones I want to make myself (only I never do), or buy (yet another thing I never do). That means, folks, that today's list has absolutely nothing to do with our collections or libraries, and everything to do with indulging my forever fangirlness/geekiness. I'm wholly unrepentant about that. If this isn't your thing, feel free to skip this post. If it is, YAY. And if you need more Star Trek-related Etsy goodness, check out this link for ALL OF THE THINGS. Live long and prosper, people! (Sorry, couldn't resist - I'll be honest, I really didn't try to).


1. Bow style, Vintage Inspired Head Scarf, Star Trek, Comic Book, Retro
Because OMG WOW. No further explanation necessary.

2. Next Generation Star Trek Cake Toppers - Custom Cake topper - Wedding Cake Topper
I'm not getting married. I don't WANT to get married. Not this year. Not next year. Not the year after...you get the point. I STILL WANT THESE CAKE TOPPERS. How could I not? I would put these badass things on my morning muffin every day just to enjoy their goodness.

3. Star Trek: The Original Series Refrigerator Word Magnet Set
I have two sets of magnetic poetry kits. None of them have swear words (because sometimes nothing voices your frustration like a good old fashioned swear-fest) OR sword words (sometimes, when I feel a bit 'stabby' about things, it helps to put it all into words). This set doesn't, either, BUT it's Star Trek. Come on! And did you see how they shaped them for this pic? FTW!

4. Star Trek Full of Flounce Sweetheart Apron - Ready to ship
Awesomeness in an apron dress. The internet wins at EVERYTHING.

5. Star Trek Mr Spock Ear - iPhone 4 Case iPhone 5 Case iPhone 4s Case idea case Galaxy Case
Okay, no *very firmly shakes head* I am NOT getting this. I just wanted to highlight it because SPOCK EARS!





No comments: