Thursday, July 22, 2010

Top 5 items I'd borrow from the library if I was allowed to have a library card

List by Rosie

"An old rat is a brave rat."
- French proverb


As far as I know, the library is a cool place to go and get out books, DVDs, CDs and more, but unfortunately I can’t borrow stuff from the library because you have to be human to have a library card! If I did have a library card though, these are the top five things I’d borrow.



Cloudy with a chance of meatballs [DVD videorecording]
When Flint Lockwood's latest contraption accidentally destroys the town square and rockets up into the clouds, he thinks his inventing career is over. Then, something amazing happens as delicious cheeseburgers start raining from the sky. His machine actually works! But when people greedily ask for more and more food, the machine starts to run amok, unleashing spaghetti tornadoes and giant meatballs that threaten the world! Now it's up to Flint, with the help of weather girl Sam Sparks and Steve, his talking monkey assistant, to find some way to shut down the machine before the world is covered in super-sized meatballs!

Rosie’s note: In this movie, Flint has managed to create ratbirds - a new species that crosses rats with birds. I love exploring, and if I had wings I’d be able to explore even more places. Oh, the places I’d go!

Emmy and the incredible shrinking rat / Lynne Jonell ; art by Jonathan Bean
When Emmy discovers that she and her formerly loving parents are being drugged by their evil nanny with rodent potions that can change people in frightening ways, she and some new friends must try everything possible to return things to normal.

Rosie’s note: I like the sound of this book, about a girl called Emmy and a rat, because my human mum is called Emmy and I’m a rat.

The essential Michael Jackson [compact disc]
Disc 1: I want you back -- ABC -- The love you save -- Got to be there -- Rockin' robin -- Ben -- Blame it on the boogie -- Shake your body (down to the ground) -- Don't stop 'till you get enough -- Off the wall -- Rock with you -- She's out of my life -- Can you feel it -- The girl is mine -- Billie Jean -- Beat it -- Wanna be startin' somethin' -- Human nature -- P.Y.T. (pretty young thing) -- I just can't stop loving you -- Thriller.
Disc 2: Bad -- The way you make me feel -- Man in the mirror -- Dirty Diana -- Another part of me -- Smooth criminal -- Leave me alone -- Black or White -- Remember the time -- In the closet -- Who is it -- Heal the world -- Will you be there -- You are not alone -- Earth song -- They don't care about us -- You rock my world.

Rosie’s note: This is the CD I’d borrow because it has the song Ben on it which, in case you don’t know, is about a rat. “Ben, most people would turn you away, I don't listen to a word they say, They don't see you as I do, I wish they would try to, I'm sure they'd think again, If they had a friend like Ben” - I love it.

Powered by bananas : healthy recipes for active people / Jeni Pearce
Add variety to your banana encounters with these tasty, innovative and healthy recipes that will open your eyes to the versatility of bananas.
Contents: Breakfast -- Drinks -- Muffins -- Loaves, cakes and biscuits -- Savoury and main dishes -- Accompaniments -- Salads -- Desserts -- Sauces, chutneys and jams.

Rosie’s note: My favourite food is banana chips, and this is a book full of recipes using bananas, so I’m sure I’ll find some yummy things in here that my humans can make me.

Ratatouille [DVD videorecording]
A rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic profession. When fate places Remy in Paris, he finds himself ideally situated beneath a restaurant made famous by his culinary hero. Despite the apparent dangers of being an unwanted visitor in the kitchen of one of Paris' most exclusive restaurants, Remy forms an unlikely partnership with Linguini, the garbage boy, who inadvertently discovers Remy's amazing talents. They strike a deal, ultimately setting into motion a chain of extraordinary events that turns the culinary world of Paris upside down.

Rosie’s note: A movie that stars rats and has food in a supporting role!! Awesome!!

No comments: