Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Top 5 new Mills & Boon titles that gave me the giggles right before I requested them

List by Tosca

“A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.”
- Henry Ward Beecher

The first day of the month is my favourite book day ever. Totally geeky and totally true. Why? It's the day our new books lists are posted to the website and if there's one thing I absolutely heart much, it's new books. The minute that Natalie says they're up I'm pretty much not worth talking to for a half hour or so. I pore over every list looking for books whose titles and blurbs catch my eye. The highlight of this session are the giggles I get out of the some of the Mills & Boon titles and descriptions. I groan and giggle and yell at the computer screen (all of Digital Services and half of Cataloguing can attest to this fact) and generally mutter 'What the...?' lots. It's a beautiful relationship LOL



The titles below are the top 5 funniest of 62 books that had me snorting with laughter...before I raced to request them. The fact that I laugh at them is nothing to do with the author's writing skill, or the promotional skill of the publisher. It is more to do with the fact that I have a silly sense of humour. If not for that humour I wouldn't read half the books I do. It's true :)

Money man's fiancee negotiation / Michelle Celmer After months of searching, Ash Williams had found his runaway mistress. Had he fathered her child? Melody Trent couldnt even remember him, but Ash was determined to discover the truth. And the only way to bring her to his home was to claim her as his fiance even if she had no memory of him whatsoever. At Maddox Communications, he could handle any crisis with icy calm. Even so, having Melody back in his life amnesia or not would mean using all his resolve to keep his heart from ruling his head.

Tosca's note: That is so NOT a romantic title and, for that alone, I want to know how it plays out. What do you mean it'll have a happy ending? What do you mean they all do? Go away!

The Greek tycoon's achilles heel / Lucy Gordon Lysandros Demetriou: shipping magnate and Athens’ most sought-after bachelor. Glamorous women compete for this tycoon’s attention, but his focused ruthlessness ensures none outstays her welcome! Until Petra Radnor whirls into his life. Her beauty is a lure Lysandros cannot resist – she awakens something within him that he’s kept hidden for years. When their scorching passion shows no sign of burning out, Lysandros has to decide whether his desire for Petra is a temporary craving or a lifelong obsession.

Tosca's note: Blinked rapidly a couple of times when I spotted this title. My first thought was, 'Say WHAT?' Gotta have it, read it now :)

Fired waitress, hired mistress / Robyn Grady "Nina Petrelle, disastrous waitress to over-privileged island holiday makers, has just been fired by her high-handed new boss Gabe Steele - aka the smoking hot stranger she's just spent the best night of her life with. Gabe can't say no to Nina's endless sun-kissed legs and her too-smart mouth, that he's just craving to keep busy! But, despite the sun, and scorching hot nights, his head is definite - it's only a temporary fling. Isn't it?" -- Back cover.

Tosca's note: I can't comment. I only know that it made me laugh and then I thought, 'Oohh, yes! Request!'

Ruthless Russian, lost innocence / Chantelle Shaw "Violinist Ella Stafford isn’t used to parties, so it’s little wonder she’s overwhelmed by brooding Russian Vadim Aleksandrov! The throbbing, raw attraction takes fragile English beauty Ella out of her depth... and into his arms! Soon she finds herself sharing his Mediterranean villa, attending glamorous parties and showered with luxuries. Ella should feel elated. Yet there is darkness in Vadim’s past that even Ella’s virginal sweetness cannot penetrate. But will the baby she’s carrying force him to learn to love?" -- Publisher description.

Tosca's note: Brooding Russians! I love it! Although, I gotta say I've never read romance novels about brooding Bulgarians or charming Czechoslovakians. Where are they? Niche market...?

Penniless and purchased / Julia James Nikos Kazandros is outraged to see Sophie Granton – his Sophie – parading herself for purchase! He needs her to stop immediately, but the only way to do that is to pay for her time…and keep her out of his bed!

Tosca's note: If she's penniless and purchased and I'm 'financially comfortable' then...what do I get? Traded? Swapped? Temporarily out on loan please book...?

No comments: